Office relocation is usually a sign that things are on the up and up, and with orders pouring in as a result of a successful digital marketing plan, the need for more office space is now evident. Sourcing new office space might take a while, as it really does have to tick all the boxes, but once you have fond the ideal premises, your focus invariably turns to the removal itself, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to help make the transition a smooth one.
- Sourcing the Right Contractor – This is the key to a smooth operation, and they can really help with the packing, which allows your staff to focus on what you are paying them to do, rather than humping boxes around. Modern office removals involve a comprehensive service, and they would be able to carry out the entire operation with only minimal disruption to the client’s business. If you deal with an established company, they would assign a project manager to the move, and the client would liaise with this person, whose job it is to co-ordinate the operation.
- Outsource the Packing – It might seem like a good idea to save a little and have your staff handle the packing, yet this is something best left to the removal company, who have a label system for packing. They would systematically pack and the contents of each crate would be clearly labelled, making the unpacking much easier.
- IT Solutions – The last thing you need when relocating is to get everything in its place, only to have to wait until the essential IT network is in place, and by using an established office removal company, they would prepare the new venue in advance, ensuring zero downtime for your company website.
- Inventory Management – The amount of items that are involved in even a small office relocation, demands efficient inventory management. You need to know what is going where, and the removal company would ask you for a list, which they would use to create files that detail every item included in the move, and if you had some unwanted items to dispose of, they would likely be able to handle that as well.
- Secure Document Destruction – Relocating is an ideal time to clear out the filing cabinets, and the removal company would offer this service, and all you need to do is decide what you no longer need.
- Cleaning – The old offices must be left in a clean condition, and the new premises must be readied for occupation, and with the removal company handling both ends, you and your staff can focus on maintaining the high level of service your customers enjoy, while the removal company handles all cleaning and preparation.
The larger your organisation, the more difficult it is to facilitate a relocation, and by enlisting the help of a professional outfit that are established and have a solid reputation in the local business community, the relocation will be a smooth transition, and your company can continue to steadily grow.